The Yes Farm Lives!
Now that spring has arrived and thawed us out of our frozen chambers we begin to move mountains yet again. This spring come down for the Yes Farm work days and get dirty! Please reply directly to this email with ‘Work Day’ in the subject line to be added to our special email list of willing workers.
Buena Vista Nights Fundraiser May 1st, doors open at 7:30pm at the Buoy 3 Building in Southwest Detroit.
(for more information read below)
Photos of the East Side, 20 Years Apart – Opening Reception May 8th, 4-10pm
Photographers Bruce Harkness, Monica Breen, Bob Denys, Garrett MacLean
* $5,000 grant awarded by Jerry Paffendorf, founder of www.makeloveland.com. Buy an inch of Detroit property to support our cause! You must go explore this site, once there click on the link to buy an inch of Detroit land for a $1! The grant will go towards fixing our building so act now before every inch runs out.
* The Yes Farm and 555 has merged (kinda like fedex-kinkos but better) It is a grand thing.
Buena Vista Nights will be a series of fundraisers to help renovate one of our new locations at the Police 3rd Precinct in Southwest Detroit. May 1st 2010 - The first Buena Vista Night will take place at the former Buoy 3 Building at 3041 W. Vernor Highway in Southwest Detroit. Enjoy a romantic spring evening of visual arts featuring works from local and national artists, light food and refreshments, dancing, and live music by Sylvia Inwood and the Woodtones and special musical guests from the Cupcake DJ Collective. Come dance on the outdoor patio under cantina lights in view of the Ambassador Bridge. $20 per person or $30 per couple.
* Yes Farmer Kt Andresky is currently exhibiting her glass work at the Janice Charach Gallery in West Bloomfield. 'State of the Glass' is an all glass show. Please stop by to see her current body of work that examines the boundaries between the female form and the sea. The show closes May 12th.
* We are currently accepting an open call for proposals. Have an idea to make a scene within this space? Write it out and send it to us, we’re looking to fill the next year with great artistic feats!
* Clarification of Monday Night Arts: It is rarely on Monday nights. This is a time to create and make art of your choice. A stage is open for poets musicians and dancers, music is always playing weather live or prerecorded. Very low key, BYOB style. Check the Yes Farm Blog site for Monday Night Art times and locations.
* Residency Program
- Returning resident artists Jane Orr and Ben Bunk are back to filling our abandoned stores with their art! Keep a look out for it and keep posted on our blog.
News From the Neighborhood:
The Catherine Ferguson Academy is on the list of schools to close down. There will be a protest this Monday at the Martin Luther King Highschool to stop the closing of many needed schools including our loved Catherine Ferguson Academy, a school (and farm) for pregnant teenagers and teen moms. Pleaase come show your support, the meeting starts at 5pm and some protest signs will be provided.